Privacy & Cookies
The information we collect about you
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on what services you use or products you acquire. This may include collecting your name and address, your email address, your contact address, credit card details and, where you have the option to comment on our services or products, whatever other information you choose to supply to us.
How we use your information and whom we may disclose it to
The information that we collect about you is used to help you access the services or acquire the goods that AHL provides more easily. The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease the addresses stored in our database to any third parties.
We may disclose the personal information, other information or data we collect from you if:
- You give us your consent.
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for another purpose, and that other purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
In this way we may use your information to send you out promotional material, which you may find of interest. If you do not wish to receive any of this material you may simply choose to “unsubscribe” from our mailing lists and no further material will be sent to you.
Access and Contact
Any personal information that we collect about customers including email addresses will be kept in a database of the relevant AHL Company.
Our security procedures
Once we receive personal information from you, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up to date and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by authorised persons.
You should provide us with as much detail as possible about the particular information sought, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged. If AHL does not allow you to access your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
AHL operated brands include:
Event Cinemas, Greater Union Cinemas, Birch Carroll & Coyle Cinemas, Beverly Hills and Cronulla Cinemas, Cinestar Germany & Middle East, Rydges Hotels & Resorts, Thredbo Alpine Resort, Gold Coast International Hotel, Capital Square Sydney, Capricorn Resort Yeppoon, Art Series Hotel Group, Film Lab Engineering, Featherdale Wildlife Park Sydney and The State Theatre.
AHL Companies adhere to the following Privacy Principles:
- AHL Companies only collect personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means.
- AHL Companies only use or disclose information for the purpose for which it was collected unless the person has provided permission to send direct marketing material.
- AHL Companies take reasonable steps within the boundaries of accepted everyday work practises to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date.
- AHL Companies implement systems that protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- AHL Companies have a policy document outlining its information handling practices and make this available to anyone who asks.
- AHL Companies provide printed and digital means for individual access to personal information it holds about that individual on request.
- AHL Companies do not adopt, use or disclose, an identifier that has been assigned by a Commonwealth government ‘agency’.
- AHL Companies do provide methods for customers to interact anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do.
- AHL Companies only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country in circumstances where the information will have an appropriate level of protection.
- AHL Companies do not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented, it is required by law – or in other special specified circumstances, for example relating to health services provision and individual or public health or safety.